Become a confident and skilled environmental auditor
Brought to you by IEMA, and taught by experienced environmental auditors, this practical and interactive course provides you with the skills and knowledge of how to audit an Environmental Management System (EMS).
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Determine compliance and identify areas for improvement against the requirements of ISO 14001 and related standards
- Competently conduct effective audits and implement corrective action programmes
- Identify areas for continuing improvement that provide on-going benefits to your company’s growth and success.
Continue your journey by becoming an IEMA Registered Environmental Auditor
All delegates who have successfully completed this IEMA approved course gain credit towards an Application to the IEMA Environmental Auditor Registration. Those gaining more than 70% gain six points towards an Environmental Auditor Registration.
Who Should Attend?
- Employees who have no knowledge of the internal auditor process
- Those responsible for carrying out environmental internal audits
- Experienced quality or health & safety auditors who want to audit environmental management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject
- Environmental auditors needing knowledge of the EMS auditing process
- Senior managers who will have to evaluate the outcome of internal EMS audits
Key Skills / Learning Objectives
Through the combination of interactive tutorials, practical workshops and case studies, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Interpret the requirements and principles of ISO 14001
- Identify environmental aspects and determine audit priorities
- Use our copyrighted “Auditagon” eight staged methodology for understanding the audit process
- Create appropriate audit checklists and improve auditor skills and interviewing techniques.
- Produce professional audit reports and justify cases for corrective action and improvement.
Following the course, participants have an opportunity for further development, where their subsequent in-company EMS audits can be observed and tutored to provide practical on-site training. If you would like us to follow up the course with a tutored audit, please let us know when you enquire.
Learning materials are provided and an IEMA Learner’s Manual is included in the booking price.
Our trainers are experienced environmental consultants who promote discussion and a relaxed atmosphere during their training sessions. We encourage you to test their knowledge, and they are open to questions from delegates regarding auditing, transition and applying the skills learned to real life situations.
At ESP we cater for all learning styles when we teach, and we like to keep things interesting! Practical workshops are designed to reinforce the discussions and topics, including basic auditor techniques, environmental policy critique, audit planning, nonconformity writing, conducting audit interviews, and reporting results. This style of delivery makes the course both memorable and enjoyable for participants, ensuring long-term learning.
We also like you to check in with yourself during the course. Each section of the syllabus is self-assessed as we learn to see how you have improved your learning over the course.
The last day of the course finishes with a written exam. The exam is marked by the tutor after the course has been delivered and the results will be sent you individually, with some personal feedback on how you got on. You will also be posted an IEMA certificate.
Each course venue is in a central location, which is easily accessible by public transport. We provide our delegates with refreshments and lunch each day and can cater to any dietary requirements you may have.
We can also deliver this course to you at your own site if you have 3 or more delegates.